2400x1200mm White MDF Slatwall Panels
- 2400x1200mm (8ft x 4ft)
- Manufactured in the UK from European MDF
- 18mm thick
- Available as portrait (2400H x 1200W or landscape 1200H x 2400H)
- 100mm (4 inches) slot spaces
- Compatible with our range of Slatwall Pro Finishing Trims
All Slatwall Is Manufactured by Econowall Right Here in The UK
What Are Slatwall Panels Used For?:
Slatwall Panels have been around for a long time, and are a main-stay product for retail displays.
All of our Slatwall Panels are manufactured right here in the UK from European grade 18mm MDF. Slatwall as the name suggests is designed to be mounted on your walls. Then you select from our range of Slatwall Accessories for the right add-on for the products you want to display.
As mentioned we use 18mm thick MDF, this gives you a strong and durable product. The front finishes are available in plain matt colours or wood grain finishes. These are all melamine. We all know that melamine is a hard wearing finish and also makes our Slatwall Panels wipe-clean letting you easily keep them looking good in your shop.
If you have perfectly flat walls that are solid it is ok to fix your Slatwall Panels directly to the wall, simply drill through the slots of the Slatwall Panel and use long screws and raw plugs just as you would if you were installing plaster boards. Fixing screws through the slots in your Slatwall Panels means that once you have fitted your Slatwall Inserts they will hide the screw heads and you will be left with a very professional looking installation.
Please make sure the surface you are fixing your Slatwall Panels to is dry and free from damp. Moisture can damage MDF panels from the rear.
You may find it easier to fix your Slatwall Panels to a wall using battens, joining Slatwall Panels at a batten ensures your panels run true and you will avoid stepped or jutting joins.
You should fix battens to your wall first at 600mm spaces, this means that each panel would be supported by three battens. If you are going to be using your Slatwall Panels to display heavy items, you might want to think about having the battens at 300mm spaces, this would mean each panel is supported by four battens.
When using battens, fix the panels to them using the same method as mentioned above, drill through the slots of the Slatwall Panel so that once you install your Slatwall Inserts the screw heads are hidden.
If you need to trim a panel to fit, this is easily done using normal wood-working power tools, but we suggest that only trim the last panel in a run, this will give a much more professional looking installation. You should also cut from the rear of the panel this will help avoid damaging the face of the panel too much.
Slatwall Panels are big and heavy items so they can be tricky to deliver.
We stack your slatwall panels on a pallet and use high quality steel banding to secure them in place, if you have ordered slatwall inserts, accessories or other small items, they will be placed on the top of your pallet. Once we have all of your order on the pallet we use a high quality, clear shrink wrap to protect everything during its journey to you, we even use thick protective corner strips to stop any edges getting damaged.
Your pallet will then be collected from us by the UK’s largest pallet network and will be delivered to you in a few working days.
Pallet Delivery Information:
- 2400x1200mm Slatwall Panels weigh around 38kg each. Delivery will be made to you on a pallet, unless you have access for a fork-lift truck you will need to unload the slatwall panels one-at-a-time by hand.
- You will need something to cut the metal banding with that secures your slatwall panels to the pallet, good strong pliers or wire cutters will do.
- The delivery driver is not our employee and they are only insured to get the delivery to you, they cannot help you unload
- Due to the size and weight of Slatwall Panels, please make sure you have some people around to help you unload, unloading really isn’t a one person job
- Be careful how you handle your panels and how you store them, sliding them across each other and standing them up on their sides will damage them
- In the unfortunate event that you do have some damages on your delivery, you need to call us as soon as possible, and sign the drivers paper work as ‘damaged’, if there are a lot of damages you may want to refuse the delivery, please give a call on 0845 0942751 before you do this though so that we can arrange for replacements to get to you in a speedy manor.